Israel Programs Scholarships
ISRAEL PROGRAMS SCHOLARSHIPS
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
For 2017 Scholarships
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle Israel Scholarship Program enables young people to participate in an Israel Experience in order to enrich their Jewish education and develop their Jewish identity. Israel scholarships are made possible by the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, the Samis Foundation and private donations. Applications are reviewed by the Israel Scholarship Committee.
Please note the following:
- Scholarships cannot be awarded on a retroactive basis.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle now requires all recipients of Israel scholarships to return to Seattle at the end of their Israel program and complete an allotted number of volunteer/community engagement hours in the community. Details are included in this application packet.
- DO NOT pay the balance of your sponsoring Israel program until you receive confirmation from us on your award amount. Unless we receive an invoice from your Israel program showing balance due in excess of your scholarship award, your award will be cancelled.
- Applications must be submitted by deadline as funds are limited. Parent should provide financial information, and Israel Scholarship Questions must be completed by applicant.
To be eligible for the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle Israel Scholarship, you must:
- Be a permanent resident of Washington State and return to Seattle upon completion of your program for a period of time that will allow you to complete the required volunteer hours.
- Participate in an Israel program that starts anytime from the summer after ninth grade through the summer after high school graduation. Gap year programs are not eligible.
- Select an Israel program that is an educational youth/peer program (adventure travel, community service, volunteer work, academic program). Family trips are not covered. Jewish programs to other countries are not eligible.
- Seek additional sources of scholarship funding from your synagogue (if you are affiliated) and the Israel program/sponsoring organization prior to applying to the Jewish Federation. If you do not seek additional funding, you will be asked to do so before your application is reviewed.
- Make a Family contribution to the cost of tuition. The Israel Scholarship Committee does not grant full scholarships.
To download a PDF document with step-by-step instructions on how to apply, please click the following link: 2017 Israel Scholarship Instructions
Click here to go to the homepage and sign up for an account.
2017 Application Deadlines
1st Round: Saturday, January 21, 2017 @ 11:59pm
2nd Round / Appeals: Saturday, April 1, 2017 @ 11:59pm
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.443.5400.